My name is Désiree Dümpel, my birthday was the 5th of januar and I was born in Den Helder, The Netherlands.
My profession is environment inspector and I am trying to built my own business www.deliwear.nl and www.delimuscle.com
In my teenage years I have played table tennis for many years as a semi professional.
I’ve started weight training in 1991 to loose weight. And in 1994 I started bodybuilding. Because I see bodybuilding as living art creating the most well balanced body you can. And so started my long journey to perfection. Ha, ha.
italian grand prix 3rd place
universe hamburg 3rd place
NAC World championships Cyprus
Miss World in the physique class
Wordchampion with couples
2nd in a strong line up from 10 lades
4th place in a line up from 16 athletes
5th place European championchips itlay
1st place at the body extreme invitational in Frankfurt (Germany)
- 3 rd place at the european championships in solingen - Germany
- 4 th place at the world championships in natal - Brasil
- Miss Universe 2005 in Southport - England
- 5 th place at the Universe
- 2 nd european championships in Aberdeen
- 2 nd world championships in Aberdeen
- 3 rd at the universe in Birmingham
- 6 th place at the european championships in Greece
- 7 th place at the world championships in Greece
- 4 th place at the universe in England
- 5 th final place at the universe in England
Miss Holland 2011 NAC
Runnerup dutch grand prix winner
- Dutch grand prix winner ifbb
- 1st place at the Holland, A-compete dutch championschips
- 2nd place at the Holland, A-compete, dutch championschips.
- 1st place at the night of the champions
- 4t place at the Holland, A-compete, dutch championships.
- 1st place at the night of the dutch champions
- 2 nd place at the Holland, A-compete, in Zoetermeer dutch championships
- 1 st place c-grandprix 57+ at Almere
- 1 st place local fitnessfestival Den Helder
- 4 th place beginnerslevel at Nijmegen (line up 10 women)
- 2 th place c-grandprix 57+ kg at Hoogeveen
My biggest success was winning the Universe in England 2005. I’ve competed at the universe since 2001 and finally in 2005 I became first. So this is the contest which is meaning the most to me.
But finishing my semi professional status with the Miss Body Extreme title is also very special to me. Even more it was a try out with my new coach Claus Maibaum to see if we could create the physique we wanted. And it succeeded.
In my off season I’m training 5 times a week.
2 times a week cardiotraining on non weighttraining days.
In my preparing to a competition I’m training 4 til 5 times a week
3 til 4 times a week cardio. Between 20-30 minutes.
Depends on the shape.
Every training I use other exercises. Because my body reacts the best at it. During my preparing I am training the upperbody between
10-12 reps and the lowerbody 12-15 reps.
My favourite musclegrouptraining is chest and any bicep exercise.
I don’t like to train have back excercises.
Which body part is your best in your opinion? Chest,Biceps,Abs,Calves
If you don’t mind would you give me some stats:
Once I lifted 145 kilo (1 rep with flat bench press)
Arms 42 centimetres
Calves 43 centrimetres
About training for the the competition I enjoy working to a direct goal.
Please describe a typical day in the life of Desiree Dumpel.
A typical day in my life during the preparing Cardio before breakfast. After breakfast I cook my meals for the whole day. And than I take a quick shower to put on my uniform and go to my job as environment inspector. After our short roll call my second breakfast, ha ha. During lunch I’m one hour free and going home for having lunch. About 5 pm I am at home checking my emails. Eating a light meal and preparing me for my training in the gym. After training I am having first my meal again. Than its time for another shower. Checking my mail again. Do some work for my Business deliwear.eu. If there’s any time left watch some television and having some Quality time for my private life. After my last meal its nearly bedtime.
When I am not working out:
I am busy with everything around building up my own business. Sometimes I am laying down to see a dvd. Once and a while going to have dinner outdoors.
Seeing some friends.
Coaching athletes to reach their own goals.
What do you enjoy most about the bodybuilding/fitness lifestyle?
It has helped me through tough times.
And its helping me from getting fat.
It gives me balance in my life.
Tell me something interesting about yourself, something people may be surprised to hear. I am a very nice warm person. The muscles are big but the character is gentle.
What are your competition goals or personal future goals?
Personal future goals:
Built a symmetrical physique through developing the shoulders and creating the v shape in the back.
At least step once again at stage and be in my best shape ever.